Civitas is a students dormitory with enough space for all GUADEC attendees and with great facilities.It is about 5 minutes away from the bus and train station. It is in a great location because of the transport connections to the university and also with the center of Almería.
GUADEC attendes have a special price for Civitas dormitory, here are shown the prices.
- 32.75 € per night, breakfast included
- 42.10 € per night, breakfast and evening dinner included
- 46.75 € per night, breakfast included
- 56.10 € per night, breakfast and evening dinner included
When making your reservation, remember that there is dinner available at some of the planned evening events.
Each floor has a common room with where you can relax and chat with other attendees.
In order to book a room and get the GUADEC rates, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "GUADEC 2018 reservation" and use the template below when making the reservation, remove the options you don't want from the two "I want a:" sections. Prices are per room/per night.
Dear Residencia Civitas,
My name is FULL_NAME and I want to make a reservation for the GUADEC 2018 conference at the University of Almería.
I want a: - Single room - Double (two beds) room, for me and FULL_NAME_2
Dates: - check-in day: - check-out day:
And I want: - Half board (breakfast and evening dinner) - Bed and Breakfast
Please confirm the reservation.
Advertisement: When you make your reservation, you need to pay 50% in order to secure it. The payment must be done 15 days before your arrival. If you're waiting for your VISA, mention it in the email and the dormitory will not request the 50%.
Calle Fernan Caballero, 1, Almería
If using the PideTaxi app for Taxi, use Nuestra Señora de Montserrat, 102, Almería
How to arrive
From the airport
- The bus stop at the airport is the number 188 (you can check the wait time).
- You need to take Line 30 (1,05 €). Be sure you are going back to city downtown since the bus pass twice going and coming from suburbs.
- Get off at "Estación Intermodal", bus stop #292 (you can check the wait time). This is just outside the bus and train station.
- Walk 5 minutes to Civitas (check the OpenStreetMap route).
Other options for accommodation
Should you prefer to stay in a different place, Almería has a wide range of hotels you can choose from. You can use sites such as Booking, TripAdvisor or Trivago to search for accommodation you like.