Well, this happened: there is no more rooms in Civitas for the core days.
Please check the other lodging alternatives page.
The nearest to Civitas accomodation places are:
- 4 stars: NH Ciudad de Almería (location)
- 2 stars: Hotel Embajador (location)
- hostal: Hostal Estación (location)
Civitas is a students dormitory with enough space for all GUADEC attendees and with great facilities. It is about 5 minutes away from the bus and train station. It is in a great location because of the transport connections to the university and also with the center of Almería.
If you are looking for someone to share a room with, you can list yourself or get in touch with people using this wiki page.
GUADEC attendes have a special price for Civitas dormitory:
- 32.75 € per night, breakfast included
- 42.10 € per night, breakfast and evening dinner included
- 46.75 € per night, breakfast included
- 56.10 € per night, breakfast and evening dinner included
When making your reservation, remember that there is dinner available at some of the planned evening events.
Sharing a twin room
You want to share a twin room but travel alone? Add yourself to the the list at dedicated wiki page.
Each floor has a common room with where you can relax and chat with other attendees.
In order to book a room and get the GUADEC rates, send an email to email@example.com with "GUADEC 2018 reservation" and use the template below when making the reservation, remove the options you don't want from the two "I want a:" sections. Prices are per room/per night.
Dear Residencia Civitas,
My name is FULL_NAME and I want to make a reservation for the GUADEC 2018 conference at the University of Almería.
I want a: - Single room - Double (two beds) room, for me and FULL_NAME_2
Dates: - check-in day: - check-out day:
And I want: - Half board (breakfast and evening dinner) - Bed and Breakfast
Please confirm the reservation.
Advertisement: When you make your reservation, you need to pay 50% in order to secure it. The payment must be done 15 days before your arrival. If you're waiting for your VISA, mention it in the email and the dormitory will not request the 50%.
Calle Fernán Caballero, 1, Almería (Spain).
How to arrive
From the airport
- The bus stop at the airport is the number 188 (you can check the wait time).
- You need to take Line 30 (1,05 €).
- Line 30 connects the city, the airport and the suburbs of Retamar (end of line). Since the bus stop is the same in both directions asks bus driver it's going back to the city. If not, you can choose either get the bus and pay again at end of line or wait till the bus take the route back from the suburbs.
- Get off at "Estación Intermodal", bus stop #292 (you can check the wait time). This is just outside the bus and train station.
- Walk 5 minutes to Civitas (check the OpenStreetMap route).
You can use the PideTaxi application:
Or phone / Telegram Whatsapp at: +34667226122
If you have a problem to choose the correct destination use the alternative «Nuestra Señora de Montserrat, 102, Almería».
From CIVITAS to GUADEC
For the core days the conference will setup a direct bus from CIVITAS to the campus. We'll announce the precise time a few days before the conference.
The bus will make stops at: